Re: Re: Re: Atlanta TC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Wiseman on December 14, 2002 at 13:18:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Atlanta TC posted by Atlanta Tuba Dad on December 14, 2002 at 12:27:12:

I would really think this through before you made any threats. And, a threat is exactly what this is. If the food services businesses are separate businesses, then CNN will not be happy that you are causing trouble through their tenants. If they are owned by CNN, then the amount of revenue you are threatening to remove is insignificant.

First, I'd make sure that everyone at CNN who counts knows how grateful all the TubaChristmas attendees were for the venue. I would mention the lack of a P.A. system only to the person directly responsible at CNN. I would say something like; "What was a nearly perfect TubaChristmas would have been perfect if...".

Next, I'd meet with CNN early on in the process for next year. Again tell them how grateful everyone was for last year and how much you appreciate their help for the coming year. I'd take a couple of tubas to the meeting, along with a professional tubist. Have the pro play a couple of tunes. If they have only heard TubaChristmas, the CNN person will be shocked at how good a tuba actually sounds. Then, ask the CNN person if they would like to try playing a tuba. Remember, this person views TubaChristmas as just one more headache in their job. Try to make this fun for them too. BTW, do they get a free TubaChristmas hat and scarf or a CD? They should!

I assume that CNN provides the venue for free. Has anyone bothered to ask what they would nornally charge to rent this space out? They have in effect donated that much money to TubaChristmas.

Mark "aways grateful for a place to play" Wiseman

Follow Ups: