Re: Tubas know everything....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on December 18, 2002 at 22:39:00:

In Reply to: Tubas know everything.... posted by JW on December 18, 2002 at 19:31:18:

Okay, let us frame your query in the proper tubist vantage point.

The very first issue of the comic book "ThunderCats" will run you about $5000 ($6000 if it has a 5th valve . . . ). Of course, a mint first issue of "The Sandman" goes for roughly $4000 - $4500 with a case and gig bag, but it was only published in rotary format and not the more desirable piston format. All issues of "The Sandman" have five valves, but have funny intonation, thus the lower price. Do NOT buy any comics of ANY title from that place guy NC, especially that Russian discount comic "Stalinman". It is a good comic, but is held together with only one substandard staple and will eventually come apart on you.

Now, if you can find a mint copy of the issue of "Spiderman" with the first appearance of the Green Goblin that has the extra water keys AND the second slide trigger, I will give you $10,000. (But I would need a two week trial period to put the comic through its paces with a tuner - if at all possible.)

I hope that I have answered your question with the expected level of tuba worldliness.

Happy Holidays!!

Wade

Follow Ups: