BBSers under 40!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Grant on December 19, 2002 at 09:00:05:

I recently received my CD of the Matteson-Philiips TubaJazz Consort "SUPERHORNS" from WindSong Press. WOW!!! I have never forgotten how incredible this group was and I dearly missed my album which was borrowed and never returned years ago. In discussing this recording with many tuba players it came to my attention that only we "old guys" new who the MPTC were and recalled (for those us with recall) the old album. So, I am writing to let all those tuba and euphounium folks under the age of 40 (and those over-the-hill as well) to get this CD! If you have not heard this ensemble before you will be blown away. The CD includes 5 more charts that were not on the original TubaJazz album. They also did a great job on mixing. The sound is clear and concise (check out the tight licks in "Oleo" and "Noreen's Nocturne"). Ashley Alexander's solos are mind bogling as well as Rich Mattesons'. The cost is $19.98 (inlcudes shipping)and is easily worth twice the price (don't get any ideas Brian). Upon hearing I immediately ordered 3 for Christmas presents (you three know who you are so act suprised!)

Anyway, get this for yourself and you will probably be ordering gifts as well.

Enjoy and happy holidays

Michael Grant

Follow Ups: