Re: Re: Positive Reinforcement?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaRay on December 30, 2002 at 16:31:06:

In Reply to: Re: Positive Reinforcement? posted by well said !!! on December 30, 2002 at 15:42:48:

In reference to the poor spelling, punctuation, etc., I certainly do not feel that this board is the place to attempt to teach the proper usage of those devices. That being said, however, sometimes the spelling is so poor, or the grammar so far from correct, that it is difficult to determine what the poster is attempting to say. Perhaps that is when it is appropriate to comment on the deficiency.

As for attempting to give positive reinforcement, I feel neither need nor responsibility to give any to anyone posting here. If I disagree, I can always post my view. If I agree, sometimes I feel so strongly that I feel compelled to say "amen"(so to speak). It is not my role to give out positive reinforcement. When one posts items which have merit, let those on the board say whatever they wish. I believe that ultimately, well-stated views stand on their own merit. There have been countless examples of this since I have joined the group. I do not often feel that I have that much to contribute, therefore I seldom get into the fray. Some may take shots at this posting. Go for it! No person owes me positive reinforcement. If you agree with me, go ahead and say so. If you disagree, feel free to have your say, also. That is what this format is all about.

I find I learn a great deal by regularly reading the posts. Some of the posts make excellent points and others do not. Either fortunately, or unfortunately, HOW we say things does matter. I must admit I am more likely to pay careful attention to a well-written post than I am to one that is poorly written. I do not expect perfection. It is difficult to avoid all mistakes. I know I make my share of mistakes, too. However, making a mistake in every sentence, in fact having thoughts without distinguishable sentences, hampers one's effort to communicate and be taken seriously.

OK. Now it is your turn. "Keep them cards and letters comin' in."

Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters

Follow Ups: