Re: Re: Re: Strange Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lan on December 31, 2002 at 01:48:43:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Strange Tuba posted by Noname on December 26, 2002 at 22:50:28:

I had the same experience. I am currently a ninth grader, and last year I thought of hanging thick balnkets or comforters over my windows , or if you don't have anypin them to the wall. If your floor is tile it will give you a dry sound as well, put down carpet or thick rugs. I also play outside a lot, it helps you develop a bigger (not necessarily louder) sound that resonates and is wonderrfully dark. Try playing some long tones outside, and then move to your room with the corrections from above made, you will sound so much better when you actually realize school is not the only time or place you can play well at. Don't play directly into the blankets, you won't hear your sound resonate! Sound starts with what you hear in your head( what you want to sound like) you have to know, or at least have an idea. Buzz more, however i do not like the word "buzz" If you sound "buzzy" and not resonant on the mouthpiece , it will carry to the horn. Listen to Arnold Jacob's buzzing on track 21, it is what you should sound like. Get as close as possible! Sounding "Pretty good" is not and should not be an option. Good luck!

Follow Ups: