Re: Re: Re: Re: Gronitz Kaiser Tuba Info?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank on December 31, 2002 at 19:54:26:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Gronitz Kaiser Tuba Info? posted by Rick Denney on December 31, 2002 at 16:36:00:

Well, as I remember it (don't forget my advanced age and advancing senility) the front action tubas in the 2xJ series were 22J bellfront and 23J upright. I don't know that I ever saw the model #'s for four valve front action models. It would be logical to assume 26J and 27J, but I don't think Conn was always logical. On the 3xJ series, I can only speak to the one on the Taylor website. I seem to remember that Conn used the same 3xJ number for a 2xJ sized tuba with standard valves and used the same number again for the Orchestra Grand. That is ASSUMING both my memory and the source material (wherever I read it) are correct. You will notice that I did not lay any money on either of those assumptions.

The one at Taylor, according to their description, is a 24" bellfront with a .775 bore, same as a 2xJ.

Maybe we need to get my van provisioned and a group of us can take a ride to see that beastie out there, that is, if we could drag you away from the Holton - which I seriously doubt :)

Follow Ups: