Re: Hobbyist wants tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Helen on December 17, 2003 at 09:54:04:

In Reply to: Hobbyist wants tuba posted by Helen on December 16, 2003 at 11:40:40:

YOU FOLKS ARE FANTASTIC!!!

Within hours I received several responses to my post. Shouldn't you all be blowing your horn rather than blowing through the internet looking for opportunities to sell really cool tubas? :)

I have received what I have designated as REALLY GOOD information on what horns to buy and how to slide (or is that valve?) my way back into the wonderful world of the bass cleff. I will be ordering some basic books. BTW...I remember a book from my younger years that Connie Weldon compiled. It was a book of etudes. Anyone have more info on that?

A couple of folks sent pictures to me of horns that look like they would be fun to play and own. When I reach a level of buying horns beyond the basics, I know where to go.

Meanwhile, I'm going to continue to search for a basic horn. I think I'll stay with four valves/keys since that is what I'm used to. Hopefully I can find a suitable one that isn't a monster to haul around. Those 2 case jobs are truely a pain...been there...done that and I was much younger then. Doubling on string bass and tuba for the local youth orchestra wore me out.

All for now, thank you and Happy Holidays. Have more ideas? I'll be checking back to this board and my email.

Helen

Follow Ups: