Re: Teaching and reality

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by thomaji on December 17, 2003 at 23:48:58:

In Reply to: Teaching and reality posted by no name on December 17, 2003 at 21:30:12:

hey..
wel this man seems bitter over things he has acheived... Your mysterious dystonia thing doesnt make sense to me.. People make the decision to be a musician because they enjoy music and if i didnt do music i know in about 5 years time i would be at the point where politics even would seem interresitng compared to what i was doing.. THe ability to play well note perfect in a live situation is hard.. Ive only ever come close once.. and that wasnt even at the right time or place when i needed to.. THe mental approcah to the situation is the major game plan when i enter a audition.. I know the peice a fortnight before and on the day all i care about is whats going on inside my head.. but as i just found out with a previous uni auditions.. it takes more than that.. it takes passion for what your playing.. it takes complete an utter confidence in your sound.. thats where i failed and have now lost a position at a univerity.... I have a shitty instrument ok i got over that.. everything sounded fine in practice.. but on the day i just was put off by my sound... or it could have been the failure of vrain to click into "play" mod i dont know.. But i will refuse to hide it behind some word and blame the world for it.. Teaching i find is more rewarding inthe long term than playing and it takes a certain degree of maturity to realise that i know.. i may be only 18 but i have learnt from great teachers not just of tuba but of other instruments that a career in music is more than about making money or winning positions.. thats its about a passion that heaps of people have and that your consumed by it too..

Follow Ups: