Re: EBAY or BBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on December 18, 2003 at 12:12:06:

In Reply to: EBAY or BBS posted by Bob on December 18, 2003 at 00:53:30:

It depends on your motivation. If you want to price it aggressively for the seller (i.e., to get the most you can from it no matter how long it takes), then advertise it here once a month or so, and wait for the right person to come along who wants it. One of your advisers (if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly) has several horns being offered from time to time in this fashion. Eventually, the right buyer will come along, perhaps.

Or, if you want to sell it QUICKLY, for whatever price, put it on ebay. With ebay, if your starting bid is low enough, and your reserve reasonable, you'll sell it in 10 days, no matter what. If you don't, then you'll have your answer about your starting bid and reserve.

If you want to sell it TODAY, then price it aggressively for the buyer, and post it here. I bought a Conn 20J that Daryl Hickman wanted to sell in one day, because he priced it such that I could not resist. I wasn't the only one interested in that case, I was just the quickest. When I later sold that instrument, however, I needed more (to fund the purchase of a more expensive instrument, or so I had justified to my wife), and I used ebay.

If you offer it here and get lots of advice and nosy questions, just ignore them.

Make sure that wherever you list it, you include pictures.

Rick "who thinks the size of the willing poll of buyers is inversely proportional to the price" Denney

Follow Ups: