Aggravated at Rock Vocalist

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aggravated on December 19, 2003 at 13:11:38:

This is not tuba related, but this is certainly music related. Well I just saw on the Conan O' Brian show a woman singing this soft rock version of "walking in a winter wonderland". It was was horrible. Her pitch was horrible at best.
I don't know if anyone has heard the Rich Matteson cd that came with the ITEA journal, but I remember him saying that music is so special because it requires 95%perfection whereas other activities, such as sports and theater require considerably less to be a full out hero or important figure. I think maybe Rich should have narrowed that down to instrumental, because I have heard too many bad, no horrible vocalist sing about 50-70% accuracy and are considered awesome especially if they are beautiful. A lot of times the vocalist sing about 20% and they get record deal or like this example on the Conan O' Brian show, get TV coverage. What kind of complete and brainless idiot hears this vocal diarrhea and says "uh gee I think they are great let's have them on"?This is just my aggravation at vocalist in rock bands.

Aggravated

Follow Ups: