Alexander 6-valve f FS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on December 20, 2003 at 14:23:53:

I have a very unusual Alexander f tuba which you may find fits your current playing needs,
its a pre-WW2 nickel-plated Alex f, converted from a vienna-f decades ago to the more familiar, "traditional" tuning system for f's.
It is not a "pretty horn" but it is fully functional, a gorgeous playing characteristic to it. As pictured, 6 rotors nickelsilver-plate. This is a GREAT-sounding Alex. The low register, with the right fingerings, is nice and solid. There are a few quirky notes on this instrument, nothing too bad though, and certainly handle-able using "Alexander fingerings." The sound of this horn amazing. Period. Any dents are cosmetic, nothing to effect the sound. I have just moved for work to Colorado though so it is difficult to justify keeping additional horns that I am not using at my girlfriend's house in California, that's why I am selling. If I get a decent offer on it before the holidays I will throw in a good soldi hardcase. If this sounds like something you might be interested in and you'd like to discuss, please feel free to drop me an e-mail. Thanks for your time!

Follow Ups: