Re: Breathing. Gasp! Pant! Puff!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dean Norman on February 03, 1999 at 04:18:38:

In Reply to: Breathing. Gasp! Pant! Puff! posted by Howard Read on February 02, 1999 at 19:33:15:

My solution to lack of useable air is to run. About 4 months ago I started running somewhere around 3.5 miles a day and the benefits are amazing. Those loud low passages that were near impossible are now getting easier and easier!
Running alone will do a lot, but I add a little by inhaling for four steps and then exhaling for four steps. Doesn't sound too hard, but when you're actually running, it's no easy task. Then it's compounded by the hills here in sunny San Francisco...ouch! It hurts, but the loss in weight and the HUGE gain in useable air,(unfortunately I have no specific numbers to site, only how I feel and sound) accompanied by a new found self confidence and overall great feeling, have really gotten me hooked on running.

Running is also an excellent time to practice visualization of a large thick airstream. Try to minimize the amount of sound produced by moving air.

Running, also, makes me relax for the rest of the day, which is crucial to playing.

"Lose weight, gain air."

--Jacobs

just something to consider...

Follow Ups: