Re: Name-recognition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger Lewis on February 08, 1999 at 09:37:25:

In Reply to: Name-recognition posted by Edward H. Foley on February 08, 1999 at 02:49:24:

I am currently principal tuba in the Elkhart Symphony. I play Asst. Principal with the Southwest Michigan Symphony, play second for the South Bend Symphony and ocassionally work with the Kalamazoo Symphony. I am an alternate with the Brass Band of Battle Creek.

I did my undergrad at Mannes College of Music in NYC, studying with Walter Sear, Toby Hanks and Joe Novotny.
I did my Masters at Ohio University (Athens) studying with Robert D. Smith.
I have worked toward my doctorate at Indiana University (Bloomington) studying with Harvey Phillips.
I have also studied privately with Mr. Jacobs.
I won the tuba fellowship to Tanglewood in 1985 and almost repeated in 1986. I won the National Orchestral Association Fellowship quite a while ago, working under Leon Barzin.
I spent 13 years with the Masterwork Brass Quintet. I have performed about 35 world premiers as a soloist and in quintets and I believe that I did the New York premier of "Encounters II".

I have played all over North America and in Europe. Current rack: Hirsbrunner York, Cerveny "piggy" CC; Yamaha 621S F; Yamaha non-compensating Euphonium and Bach B-50 double trigger bass trombone. I have worked with the Brasswind in the development of the R&S mutes and mouthpieces.

Hope this brief synopsis gives you some help.

Follow Ups: