Re: Check Out the Yamaha york

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on February 02, 2000 at 04:33:47:

In Reply to: Check Out the Yamaha york posted by Steven on February 01, 2000 at 10:46:45:

My teacher over here in Japan had the opportunity to play test the first one made at the Yamaha factory and said it was not good at all. Intonation and response was nothing special. He plays a Nirshl and was comparing, bottom line no comparison from his stand point. But, he did say that cosmetically it was beautiful horn and was a closer copy of Jakes York than the Nirshl, not that it matters. He also said like other people are saying Yamaha has no plans on producing this horn because it just wont be cost effective. I think it was more of an experiment than anything. But who knows maybe if there is a demand for them they might change there mind. I can tell you over here in Japan they wont market to well. Japanese tuba players love Hirshbrunners, Meinls and other German horns. A lot of Rudy's over here actually now that I think about it and I think only two guys with Nirshls to include my teacher who incedently(sp) studied with Jim Self back in the early 80's.

Follow Ups: