Re: Re: Re: Debating which BBb to buy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on February 07, 2000 at 09:09:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Debating which BBb to buy posted by Steve on February 06, 2000 at 23:46:24:

Cervany's are throw away horns?!? That hasn't been my experience. I own two, am selling one, and I'll put the Cervany construction quality up against anything else in its price range. They make their tubas out of thinner metal because it helps with the response. You know, just like Miraphone does! This allows Cervany to make horns with a larger bore that don't play like blowing into a bathtub. The only reason I'm selling my large Cervany is because I'm considering a tuba that costs twice as much. This Cervany is a wonderful tuba with a huge sound and was made very well. If you would care to list some specific examples of why you think these tubas are "throw away", then I'd like to hear it. Even their inexpensive models, like the Piggy, seem to hold up very well under constant use. I'm sorry to sound so defensive but it really bothers me when "the truth" is misrepresented. Just my opinions for what its worth...

Follow Ups: