Re: Contrabass and BBb tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac on February 09, 2000 at 13:43:58:

In Reply to: Contrabass and BBb tuba posted by Jacob on February 09, 2000 at 00:48:39:

You will most likely have immediate problems with matching intonation of the GG horns that is if the majority of the corps is using G Horns. This can be dealt with by the endless repition and practice that you will go thru, and of course working with a competent brass tech. Unless you state the specific brand of horns we are dealing with, it is kind of tuff to diagnose the patient if you know what I mean. Other physical type things can be a problem or a nusiance depending on the modle horn too. I would also venture to say that if the horn is visually alot different looking than the others you might get forced on to the matching G horn by the visual staff. It all really depends on what the particular Drum Corps is willing to do in your case. If intonation is the only difference this could be dealt with easily. If other matters are of concern then chances are you'll be marching a GG horn. You might want to post your message on RAMDA news group too because everyone there is Drum Corps oriented and you will probably get more Contra players to reply to your post. This BBS is not too keen on the Drum Corps isssue all though a GG Contra Bass is really a member of the Tuba Clan too even though most here won't admit it. Let us know what the specific horns are, and then I think you could get some legit opinions and answers.
Randy Mac

Follow Ups: