Re: Re: Re: Contrabass and BBb tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Seip on February 09, 2000 at 23:38:30:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Contrabass and BBb tuba posted by Max Tunnell on February 09, 2000 at 18:37:31:

DCI recently changed the rules to allow other keyed instruments into corps. However, you can't just stick a BBb horn in amidst a bunch of GG horns--it's not going to sound very good. The corps will provide the horn you will play, although the argument in favor of the rule change for many was "Now kids can bring their own horns on tour and save the corps money." There are many, many lengthy discussions (some very vitriolic) on the rec.arts.marching.drumcorps news group. Some say that it will ruin drum corps, turning it into "summer band;" others say that it will simply allow drum corps more options for instrumentation. I personally am reserving comment until I have heard corps that are switching to different keys. I understand that both the Blue Devils and the Cadets of Bergen County have switched, and since I am also marching a corps this summer, it will be interesting to see them throughout the season to see how they cope with the changes.

Follow Ups: