Dillon/Conn CC tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on February 15, 2000 at 22:43:38:

I had posted previously looking for some pictures, but I guess I'll have to wait for those. However, my main motive behind sneaking a peek at those photos was to see how similar the new 56k? is to the custom Dillon horns Matt Walters was making out of old Eb tuba bells off old Conn jumbo's. Hopefully someone with some experience with both can comment or Matt Walters himself. Once again I am very interested in this horn and i think it could turn the midsize CC tuba market on its ear if it only played half as good as some of those Dillon magical creations. I played a Dillon CC with both the King piston set and a Conn short stroke valveset. I dug the feel of those short stroke pistons and how quick they were but I felt the King set had a more stable quality to them. King must have found a magic wand when they came up with that set almost a hundred years ago/ anyway, I would just appreciate some info on a compare contrast between the two, as I am stuck here in Florida working the daily grind and find it hard to get to these horns anymore to try them out.

Your info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt G

Follow Ups: