Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Civic

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Morgster on February 22, 2000 at 04:35:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Civic posted by HS-in all maturity on February 21, 2000 at 19:16:44:

We in the tuba industry are lucky that lessons are only $75 a pop. Steve Vai, the guitar player was charging $200-$300 a lesson last time I heard, but that's beside the point. The fact is that, economically speaking, the scarcer the resource, the more that resource will cost. In the case of diamons or gold, both are very scarce, therefor they are more expesive than say silver or "brass" (pardon the pun). In the same way, professional musicians have a scarcity of time and therefor the price must be high in order to counteract the lost wages from other things they could be getting paid for. In college you'll be paying for lessons, though you pay indirectly through tuision, and after, if you continue to play, will have to pay also. It's just the way things are, and believe me, as a poor college student I know exactly what you are going through. Be like me and just chill about it. Peace Out, Morgster

P.S. - Isn't it hilarious that this whole group of resposes grew out of one guy misunderstanding the question. Oh well, we need a good laugh once in a while.

Follow Ups: