For Sale: Silverplate Jupiter 582S

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin Miller on February 23, 2000 at 15:01:06:

Tulsa Band has recently acquired a show horn at a great price and I would like to pass it along.
Specs: Bore- .732, Valves: 4 front action, Bell Size: 17.4", Finish: Silverplate
Check out our website listed below for a good picture.
My boss got this horn at a show, and quite honestly, I balked at the idea of the Jupitr Concert Horn.
It has a straight in lead pipe and a very open wrap configuration. I did a play test on it and put it to the tuner. I was surprised at the consistency of the tone and pitch. It has a nice big low range and suprisingly good slotting in the upper range. The more I played on it the more I liked it! Over the years I have owned a Mirafone 1865UCC, a Hirsbrunner HB20 and presently play on a Besson 981 EEb. Between these horns and others that I have tested, I have had great opportunities to play on alot of nice horns. I must say that this Jupiter compares very favorably to horns at twice the price. It has one minor ding on the 4th branch from the bell from making the rounds at various conventions. It's a great horn for someone looking for a moderately priced BBb that plays better than alot of horns at twice the price. The horn with molded plastic case and mouthpiece is being offered at $3350.00 plus shipping. List on this horn is $5900.00. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have.

Regards,
Kevin Miller
Tulsa Band Instruments

Follow Ups: