Re: Re: Re: CC or BBb???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on February 24, 2000 at 11:43:03:

In Reply to: Re: Re: CC or BBb??? posted by Joe S. on February 24, 2000 at 01:11:13:

Wow! I am so glad that I can save these archives because people pay big money to here this intelligent well thought out and at times extremelly humorous commentary about Tubas from there teachers. Now let me get this staight, the length of the horn lends it self to the response time needed and not neccessarily the fundemental pitch ie.. BBb being slow, C being medium, Eb being quick and an F Quicker????? And the tone color as an overal stereotype is atributed to the amount you push the horns volume????? Wow!, did I just say that????? Joe, I think you hit the BBb/CC debate bang on the head. I gather that most of the Bias toward a certain horn in playing conditions is a factor of the response needed and the tone color is a factor of the Top volume being pushed?? Did I get that right? I know that people consider Drum and Bugle corps to have a bright sound. Could this be due to the stereotype of Louder faster higher? As in a past post I found a GG Contra bass has a main tube length of around 21ft or so and yet they are considered to have a bright sound. I hope I got this right. I have heard some pretty bright sounding BBb Tubas and some really dark sounding C horns too.

Follow Ups: