Re: Re: Re: CC or BBb???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dedman on February 24, 2000 at 19:57:49:

In Reply to: Re: Re: CC or BBb??? posted by Joe S. on February 24, 2000 at 01:11:13:

If what you said was what I think you said, then what you said was along the lines of what I thought. :^/

Yeah - blending within a tuba section (as in Grainger's Shepherd's Hey) as opposed to blending within a brass section and having to blow your tonsils out the bell (as at the end of Tchaik 4 Finale).

Band composer thinks "I need a bass instrument at this point, and since it's pretty loud, I guess I'll use the tubas, since my 3 bass clarinets, one contabass clarinet, and 3 bassoons combined can't project as much volume as I need right here, even though that's really the sonority that I want here."

Orchestral composer thinks "Gee, I have these string basses to provide the bass voice at this point, and it doesn't matter that it's loud, because there are 8 or 10 of them. Now at this REALLY loud point, I'll let those basses provide the foundation, but I want that barrell-chested catnapper in the back row to dot my exclamation point, because I really want to hear THAT sound."

Not that any of this clarifies the original question of BBb vs. CC.

This fight card seems to come up more often than Ali - Frazier.

Follow Ups: