Re: Buying tubas for Brass Band

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew M. Oliver on February 25, 2000 at 02:50:05:

In Reply to: Buying tubas for Brass Band posted by George on February 19, 2000 at 19:07:19:

Hi, Have done a bit of reseach and I hope to be of some assistance.

I am a Tuba player by profession but also double on the Euphonium and have just graduated from the Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester, England. On the odd occasion I buy and sell instruments to request. I have just found that some instruments are available direct from Besson and they have a good price. None of the prices are fixed and depend on an order of an instrument to confirm cost – exchange rates!! Will cover costs of shipping internationally and payment to be made through a Bank wire transaction. Please feel free to be in contact for any further information or if bothered about shipping, very safe and easy.

I have brand new Besson EEb 983 Tubas (silver) complete with hard case, shipping and insurance for $5099

I can upgrade that model to a new Besson 993 BBb Tuba (Silver) complete with hard case, shipping and insurance for $5999

But, here comes the best deal, a have also have a Besson factory seconds 993 Bb Tuba (silver) complete with hard case, shipping and insurance for $4600. With the 983 coming in at around $4100. What do you think!

On the tubas themselfs there are small dents on the bottom bow and the hard case is in very good condition as to excellent new condition but never the less the instrument is in fine form and an great bargain buy!! The main think is playablity the instruiments are great but cosmeticly they are not perfect new but still in excellent condition.

Drop me a line and I will see what I can do. If none suit then just let me know and for I do have acces to similar in the 982 and 994 models. I am interested to find out how you rate the prices? I could find an second hand model of the 982 and 994 styles, what are you looking at?

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best and may the brass be with you!!

Andrew M. Oliver

Follow Ups: