Re: Re: Re: Teachers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by curious on February 03, 2001 at 01:43:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Teachers posted by Dave on February 03, 2001 at 00:58:38:

Im in highschool. I am asking that because when i visited a prof. that had a different idea as to how to use the mouth effectively i dont think he liked my sound. The professor i take lessons from does like my sound. I'm not looking for an answer as to where I should go to learn how to play tuba the "right way", just what a few teachers' preference might be in that area of playing. I'm not dumb, I know that making the music is more important than having everything technically critiqued till you cant stand it. I am well aware that if you want to major you need a good well rounded music department. Is it so incredibly hard to answer which teachers will or my recommend a certain use of the mouth?
In the sense that everyone answered sincerely, I wholeheartedly agree, and I am thankful for their advice, but...none answered my specific question, they just went on to say, you need to be musical and make it sound good. I already know that. Maybe my question is enigmatic, but if it is everyone could just say so, instead of remind me constantly about how important other stuff is.
I'm not intending to sound like a jerk. And I want to thank everyone that responded, I found your advice to be true and logical, just not to the point i was trying to get at.
I get frustrated when i look at this board, and whenever someone asks a question, people just throw in things that dont answer the question. They say what they think about a general area (which is usually relative to the question but not actually addressing it). I am often hard to please though, and I will admit that readily. Sorry my question was so hard to answer. Thank you all for trying.
Curious in highschool,
a guy who doesnt know where he wants to go, or wants to do, or whether he needs a horn, or what kind of teachers are where.

Follow Ups: