Re: Traveling

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on February 05, 2001 at 17:42:23:

In Reply to: Traveling posted by Melissa on February 05, 2001 at 08:44:55:

Good luck on your audition! I've never had such an opportunity, and never travelled with an instrument, but have traveled a LOT on business. Let me make a couple of suggestions: first, start NOW taking a good multivitamin, and take it until you get back home (at least). The stress will make you deplete your vitamin stores, making you more tired and lowering your resistance, and making you fell that much more stressed. Second, take some things from home that will make you not FEEL more at home. Your own pillow (carry it in the bell of your tuba, double the benefit), some music that you'd listen to at home and a way to play it, any little thing that makes you feel at home. I used to have trouble sleeping when I'd travel, but I found an old movie that I just love, made an audio cassette of the first 30 minutes of it, and when I travel I put that on while I go to sleep. It REALLY helps me a lot. Little things like that can really put you at ease, and help you sleep well. And that's going to be just as important as the practice you've put in.

Let us know how it goes!

Joe "never understimate the importance of a good night's sleep(tm)" Baker

Follow Ups: