Re: How to switch from Eb to CC/F?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on February 10, 2001 at 13:39:44:

In Reply to: How to switch from Eb to CC/F? posted by Steve Inman on February 10, 2001 at 11:09:04:

If you are well enough off at this point in your carrer to afford the time and or money to do this then you may wish to keep the best Eb and buy the other horns as needed. It doesn't really matter how you tackle the learning new key thing (you'll neeed to practice alot more anyway),unless you are getting paid to play a specific horn in a venue (ie. quintet, orchestra, band or what have you regularly then practice the horn you'll be switching to the most. I would vote that you get a horn in every pitch you can afford because that will give you access to more pottential employment oppurtunities or at the least you'll end up playing all day long just to keep your chops up. With so many great tools to use these days why other than money reasons would you limit your tool box. Oh and since I'm Scottish my First vote would be for the switch to Bag Pipes as a MUST DO!
Do think about what you need versus what you want and let your heart be your guide. In other word's get the C first or a 5V BBb both would do well in Quintet work.

Randy,"I wish that I could have one of every Tuba every made but don't think the wife would allow it"Mac Iver

Follow Ups: