Re: A Visit with Doug Elliot

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on February 20, 2001 at 16:21:02:

In Reply to: A Visit with Doug Elliot posted by Rick Denney on February 20, 2001 at 14:55:45:

Rick,
sounds like you got some serious customer service. Most guys I refer to Doug's pieces can't handle the wait but usually change their tune once they get and play on them. I have used a 130 Gold rim/ R Cup and a R5M shank on my Mirafone BBb 186 from 91 to 98 and then switched to a 130G T Cup T6M Shank in 98 and my range increased dramatically in both directions. Before the Elliots I used a Perantucci (Old numbers)1 & 10. Please don't take this as bragging because I am no wonderboy but even I can play a fairly well in tune scale starting on BBBb (the 1st black key on the piano)up to bb1,thats what 4 or 5 octaves. Some days it sounds better than others but it sure impresses me. Lately I've been able to get down to a sharp sounding FFF below the piano but with no real use for this in the real world it ends up as a really good warm down routine. I can't say enough good about the Elliot MPs and quite a few guys around here have gotten at least one in their arsenal. What are the prices on the MPs now. I have a catalog from 99 and was wondering what the current prices are. Anything that makes playing your horn more fun and encourages you to put more time on the horn is a good thing. Congrats
Randy Mac Iver

Follow Ups: