Re: Re: Re: What are good colleges for tuba?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on February 20, 2001 at 17:58:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: What are good colleges for tuba? posted by anon on February 20, 2001 at 14:50:42:

IU does not have the inside track on military jobs. Mr. P can teach his (AT)#% off and sets extremely high standards which none of his students could possibly surpass. All those in the studio work their tales off and deserve every job or festival they achieve. None of them won their spots through a phone call. I had heard that rumor when I was a formal college student. Because of the incredible success rates his students achieve, it may appear that something fishy must be going on. Believe me, he has successful students because he is very choosy about who he accepts, demands nothing less than perfection, sets the standards through his own playing in lessons, and can teach like a mother%&#(AT)%(.

ASU and I am sure a few others were indeed oversights. Don't know of anyone from Southern Cal besides the most obvious individual. I don't know of too many North Texas tubists. I am sure they are out there though.

It ain't black and white. Almost every music school in the nation has had a professional musician of some type come out of it's program. You can become the next Lee Iococa with an MBA from North Alaska Bible College, or be the lead manager at the local Peer Imports on the corner with an MBA from Harvard. Anything can and does happen. I am just saying that some teachers/schools have better success rates than others.

sean

Follow Ups: