Re: Question about those "shower heads"...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ivan on February 28, 2001 at 23:05:22:

In Reply to: Question about those "shower heads"... posted by Dave on February 28, 2001 at 18:27:28:

I just made a mouthpiece for the forst time. I used a friends lathe, and know how, and we just started out making a mouthpiece.
I have to say from my limited run number of one mouthpiece, it was much eaisier to leave the outside big. However CNC lathes
don't really care about time, and other human things so I would venture a guess that outside Diameter of mouthpiece
is more up to what you want.

But to contradict myself I will say if the wall thickness gets too thin, the brass will indeed not transmit all of the vibration into the horn
however I only see one place on brass mouthpieces that I think may be too thin with the O.D. that would be at the top of the shank
some mouthpiece have indents around the throat at the end of the shank closest to the bottom of the bowl.

Also Joe S. I felt that shake today. I live in Tacoma washington and we had a nice little shake today. I found it very difficult to attemp teaching 50 high
school students after this happened, but all is well here, and it was actually kind of fun. I'm sad to report a few people were injured, but nobody at our school, and no major problems when you consider how big it was.

Ivan " rockin' an rollin' in Tacoma" Giddings

Follow Ups: