Re: Question about those "shower heads"...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on March 01, 2001 at 13:58:28:

In Reply to: Question about those "shower heads"... posted by Dave on February 28, 2001 at 18:27:28:

Caveat: I've never played one of these mouthpieces, and am disinclined to believe that they make that much of a difference; however...

you might also ask, "why is it so expensive to hire musicians? They track up the rug, leave condensation pools on the floor, and all they really put out is a bunch of CO2 laden air." At least the mouthpieces compete on an open market, with no artificial inflation of prices. You can decide whether to buy an economy mouthpiece that may be of inferior quality, or a top-line mouthpiece, that may be of superior quality (note use of word "may" in both cases). I hasten to point out there are always people willing to pay more for what they perceive as the best of anything.

I've often heard it said that a thing is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it; but someone even wiser said that a thing is worth just a little more than the guy who wants it second most is willing to pay.

Joe "I ain't no econoisks but I knows what things is woith" Baker

Follow Ups: