Re: Re: Re: Where

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on March 04, 2001 at 00:00:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Where posted by Chuck Jackson on March 03, 2001 at 19:24:44:

Which School? I was at the SOM Little Creek in 81 and My primary teachers were SFC Dave Dorough and then got bumbed by a New Euph player to SFC Jacobson. My Bass teacher was Petty Officer Diamond. In addition to the Jazz, Concert and Marching Band I also got roped into the D&B Ensemble by Top Bay of the Marine element I was also a Duty Driver so I spent more time in "UNITS" then I care to remember. There was a fellow Jar Head there named Steve Stump who broke and set a new record for Units while I was there. That guy had some serious chops. I really liked the interservice nature of the school especially with Jazz Band. When I got to Camp Lejuene after school I ended up playing Bari Sax in Jazz band cause there was a better Bass player there already. I use to get into trouble with a high school class mate that was in Mainside Force Recon BT at LeJeune then I got into DC and Travled everywhere and anywhere all the time. I got burned out and got out to go to College and My good freind then Lcpl John Brodie now a Captain I think or better at VMI as the Band Officer, told me about West Chester and I decided to go there on his reccomendation basically. It didn't hurt that while in DC I would drive up to Reading Pa to March SR. Corps with Dr. George Parks and the Reading Bucs on my only free weekends. Dr Cohen was the Tuba/Bass teacher when I auditioned and when I stared school he went on subatical and Dr. Owen Metcalf took over. Dr O is a great guy and I still take a lesson when I have the cash,well is that what you were looking for? What's your story? The biggest things I miss about the Corps are Tuesday Iwos, Friday Night parades and the Sunday Marine band concerts. Oh yea and Running from Marine Barracks at 8th& I up to the Capital Building, down the mall out past the Washinton Monument to the Lincoln Memorial and back. That was way cool..... I'll never forget the sites and sounds of Old DC and the Hogs...
Randy Mac Iver

Follow Ups: