Re: Alec Wilder Research

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom B. on February 01, 2002 at 18:36:33:

In Reply to: Alec Wilder Research posted by Doug Whitten on February 01, 2002 at 17:13:36:

I don't know of any specific material such as dissertations, but suggest you contact Mr. Harvey Phillips first. He will probably be one of the most helpful people you can talk to. I would also try to contact Ted Cox, professor of tuba at the University of Oklahoma. He was a student of Harvey Phillips, and knows Alec Wilder tuba music very well. He usually includes at least one piece by Wilder in all of his recitals. Steve Shoop (I hope I got that correct)also could be helpful. I think he is a band director in the Dallas area, and I know he was a student of Harvey Phillips. Mr. Shoop knows a lot about Harvey Phillips and I believe he has done a lot of "non-formal" research on both Phillips and Wilder, as well as Bill Bell.

I can't be of much of much help other than that. I'm not even sure how you would go about contacting these people. I know that Ted Cox could be found through the OU website and that Steve Shoop has posted here in the past, but that's about it.

Follow Ups: