Re: CC Fingering Survey

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Big Steve on February 03, 2002 at 02:39:12:

In Reply to: CC Fingering Survey posted by Joshua Cutchin on February 02, 2002 at 17:25:22:

I made the switch to CC back in October, during the last (and unfortunately, the most time consuming) part of marching band season. It wasn't until November that I really got to work strictly on my CC tuba, and still I had so much going on that I had only about 2 hours of practice time each week. I've just realized that it hasn't been but just recently that my fingerings have started clicking in (like in the past couple of weeks) to the point that I really don't have to think about them anymore. However, my sightreading is only about 75% recovered. If I had more time to practice, it wouldn't have taken me as long to make the switch. I regret that I didn't have more time to practice since I didn't do so well on an audition back in early December due to the sightreading, which of course was in the key of G Major and had accidentals like Dbs, G#s, Ebs, and Cbs (who the hell writes stuff like that in the key of G!?). This summer, I plan to purchase an F tuba, but I think it'll be easier to learn since many of the fingerings are the same on a CC and many are the same as a BBb.

-Steven

Follow Ups: