Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dent Eraser

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on February 07, 2002 at 20:17:49:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dent Eraser posted by Rick Denney on February 07, 2002 at 13:16:50:

Rick...

I'd have agree with you on this. I have a buddy's old Mirafone that he gave me to see if it was worth "fixing up" (it's an old school horn from the college where he teaches). It's got plenty of divots, and I thought for a couple of buxx, I might try to reproduce the Dent Eraser "phenomenon".

The pull of the magnet to the ball bearing was only slightly less than magnet to magnet. Add to that the less than ergonomic shape of the magnet itself, and it *was* a bitch to handle. The Dent Eraser is, as I recall, about the size of a soda can, and thus pretty easy to move around.

I don't know much about magnets, but maybe there's something about the type of field the Dent Eraser produces as opposed to one of these hell magnets. Maybe it's not as many Gauss, but covers a larger area?? I'd be very curious to hear why the inventor didn't push the electromagnet idea, as I think the ability to vary the pull would be a big plus. Maybe with enough juice, it could pull out those dents in the bow protectors.

Anyways...

...Dave

Follow Ups: