Re: Re: Re: the key of a tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Devin on February 11, 2002 at 00:04:33:

In Reply to: Re: Re: the key of a tuba posted by Steve Inman on February 10, 2002 at 16:22:36:

I know this is probably something I should discuss with my lesson teacher, but I've been on a CC tuba since last August, and my fingers and lips are still uncomfortable. It's not that I'm a slow learner, I don't think, but when I played a BBb tuba about a month ago (just goofing off), I felt very comfortable. I went back to my CC after about 5 minutes and was shaky for the next week. I still have "BBb attacks" sometimes (and when we practice sightreading in band, I sweat bullets!!). Also, when we practice scales in band, I catch myself transposing from what the director says to what the fingerings would be on my old horn, and I've heard from many people that this is a bad way of going about it.
Could this be happening due to the fact that the old fingerings were carved into my head, or am I just not making a conscious enough effort to soak in the new fingerings? Thank you VERY MUCH in advance for all help! =^)

Devin

Follow Ups: