Re: Finale vs. Sibelius, Mac vs. Windows ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob Joles on February 12, 2002 at 19:40:17:

In Reply to: Finale vs. Sibelius, Mac vs. Windows ? posted by duneland on February 12, 2002 at 13:06:47:

It truly does matter which music preparation program you use. If you want your music output to be "publishing house" quality you need to invest some money in the program you will be using. The type of computer will depend on how serious you are about your work.

I have worked in the studios here in Hollywood for over 15 years as a copyist and EVERYBODY now uses Macs. The programs however are as diverse as the offices that copy the music.

At Jo Ann Kane Music it's Finale for most everything they do. But they are also equipt to handle Mosaic, Sibelius and Encore - as are all the other music prep offices. At Paramount (Bob Bornstein's office) we use Encore and Mosaic. Disney's Music Library uses Finale. Universal goes for their own tweeked version of Encore.

Publishing houses around the world use Finale, Score, Mosaic and Encore. I think I will let you draw your own conclusions. If you need any other advice on the subject of music copying email me privately and I'll do what I can to help you.

Cheers,

Bob

Follow Ups: