Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Grant Opportunities

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on February 13, 2002 at 13:37:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Grant Opportunities posted by David on February 13, 2002 at 12:59:39:

David,
Just to be certain I am clear, let explain that the possible 'scam' to which I referred was a deceptive appearance that the grantee paid nothing, if in fact they did have to pay. I am MISTER free enterprise, and will take a back seat to no one in believing that people deserve to be paid for their work, but I have zero tolerance for deception. Mr. Cordova says that he didn't have to pay Mr. Brandon anything, and that's a strong endorsement. I still wonder where the money IS coming from, though, and why the anonymous benefactors would select a sole composer rather than 'spreading it around'. If Mr. Brandon is, as you say, the sole employee of a non-profit that receives donations, I'm having a hard time figuring out who would donate. I'd rather donate to charities and buy my music. But it is a free country, and indeed we are all free to commission, grant, compose, contribute, or apply for grants as our desires, consciences, and good sense dictates.

Joe Baker, who is less skeptical but no less puzzled.

Follow Ups: