Re: Re: Tuba Exchange in the New York Times

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on February 16, 2002 at 03:21:50:

In Reply to: Re: Tuba Exchange in the New York Times posted by Todd Morgan on February 15, 2002 at 08:43:10:

The copier at my wife's school is regularly down for repair. This is a pretty new machine, but as expected was low bid. I do no have the desire to do the math but I figure before it is replaced it will cost easily twice what the higher end machines would have cost (toner cartrages are very pricey on the low end machine, something not considered in the bidding). Now I am aware of a band student who, in the course of one year, took a school tuba from like new to very poor condition. If this horn were a St. Pete, the loss would be thousands less than if it were say a mirafone. There are schools that discourage students from taking horns home to avoid damage (an understandable position which I do not agree), others that purshase cheap horns figuring in a life span shorter than a horn should reasonably be expected to survive (also an understandable position which I do not agree). They might purshase twice the number of horns they are ever likely to need and allow the players to keep one at home for practice, saving the wear and tear of transporting horns, (I like this option but that is unlikely to happen). This is a real problem for which TE is positioning itself to provide the solution.

Good luck with your carreer, and keep the faith!

Follow Ups: