Re: TRAVEL ALERT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on February 24, 2002 at 21:56:45:

In Reply to: TRAVEL ALERT posted by David Zerkel on February 24, 2002 at 20:35:35:

Dave, here's a related incident:

When I used to send my kid off to Interlochen every year, she probably weighed about 85 - 90 lbs. When she took a footlooker with her stuff home from camp (instead of two regular sized suitcases) they hit her up with a similar fee. (Realize that she was a 14 or 15 -year-old, traveling alone.)

I called up the airline and told them that she was to travel again soon to --------- (another city) and that we were trying to decide between their airline and another. I also pointed out that my brother-in-law (around 500 lbs. [really]) had just traveled on THEIR AIRLINE with a bunch of other family members and me to a city in Virginia, and that he - with two large suitcases - had not been charged for that fact that he + his suitcases probably weighed at least 600 lbs., plus the fact that there was no way that anyone could have sat in the designated seat next to his.

They decided to credit my daughter the $75 - that they had previously extorted - towards her next flight.

I'm sure, however, with today's necessary supply-demand ticket prices of under $200 for many r.t. tickets that the airlines are looking to stick any "captive audience" (already at the airport with their stuff) customers for any possible charges, and at the highest possible rates.

Perhaps we should all start thinking about Amtrak-ing our instruments to our destination cities ahead of us, as a regular practice.

-Joe Sellmansberger

Follow Ups: