One more airline grievance

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad Martin on February 25, 2002 at 09:08:43:

Hello,

Seeing the recent posts has inspired me to tell just one more story of airline greed. I was coming back to New York from New Orleans for spring classes and I ran into my only problem with luggage fees. I had the "pleasure" of being checked in by Northwest Airline's (get this) CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER. Well, he managed to service me alright, but not in a very favorable way. I had brought my horn and one other bag of nothing but clothes. Both pieces of luggage were underweight, but without even attempting to measure either bag the guy told me that I would have to pay $85 because my tuba was oversize. My biggest concern, besides the guy *obviously having an inborn sense of measurement ability* was that he didn't remember the limits on musical instruments. I was under the three bag maximum and I had never been troubled with this by any other airline. Don't even bother with contacting the company...they never actually answer your questions, but instead give a long run around (via e-mail or letter of course, you can't reach them by phone)and answer questions you already know the answers too (questions never asked). Moral of the story: never let an airline that pulls this on you have your business again and find some other way to fly where you need.

My opinion for what it's worth,
Brad

Follow Ups: