Re: Re: Re: Best Instruments on ebay

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lucky you on February 25, 2002 at 23:26:16:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Best Instruments on ebay posted by not defrauded on February 25, 2002 at 20:37:47:

well here is my story...

bought an alto trombone for $132.50...after a week I sent an email inquiring when I would get it. No reply. A week later I did the same. No reply. I finally sent an email threatening to pull out and then they reply asking for my address, which I had already given them twice. Another week passed and another email was sent. They replied asking for my address again. I sent it, again. It happened one more time and finally after 6 weeks I had my horn.

so the day of arrival came and how enthused I was to recieve my chinese...tenor trombone. When I explained to them the fact that I ordered and alto and not a tenor they (being asian themselves I suspect) seemed very confused and hostile. After explaining to 3 different people the differences between an alto trombone and a tenor trombone, in about 7 different emails by the way, they finally admitted they have no alto trombones and that they would give me a full refund. I put the horn out the next morning as they said they sent a request for UPS to pick it up that morning...a week later I was finally rid of the horn...and 5 weeks later I finally had my $132.50 back...MINUS SHIPPING!

I did what anyone would do and left a negative feedback rating stating "horrible communication and lost $25 in shipping...more trouble than it is worth to get it back" for that is exactly how I felt. Well...not an hour later (gee...they sure respond to emails NOW) was I hit with an email from some SquareTrade 3rd party mediation service that said they filed a report against me for leaving negative feedback about them.

Long story short...I got my $25 back and the feedback left by both of us was revoked. (look at the feeback they leave for anyone to know EXACTLY what mine looked like...as all their negatives are the same) During the course of these many weeks, however, my inbox was met with dozens of others who have had the same experience...

...some of their feedback is still there...most is not...

Follow Ups: