Cases and bags

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dedman on February 28, 2002 at 00:25:23:

A semi-unfortunate incident in shipping my new 56j damaged the VMI case beyond repair, so I am looking for both a bag and a case. Given that Reunion Blues isn't going to happen, I see three choices for gig bags: Altieri, Dolly, and Pro-Tec. Which one of those three is best? I know a price for the Altieri, but how much will a Dolly or a Pro-Tec cost? How do they compare to each other? Yes, Joe, I know that you disdain gig bags of any kind, but if you had to have one, which of these three?

Now on to Joe's forte: cases. I don't want another VMI case. I don't think I want a Walt J. What's a case that will fit a 56j and its weird 4th valve wrap that is beefier than a stock VMI case, and easier on the wallet than Walt J.? I won't be flying much in the forseeable future, so one that can stand up to everyday bumping around will probably suffice for now. The other option is to have an Anvil-style case made, but I hesitate to do that. The molded VMI case fits in the front of my Dakota, and I like that, especially since I don't have a camper shell. I just don't think it will give me the protection I want.

I say semi-unfortunate, because the shipping company made a settlement that will allow the purchase of a new (non-Walt J.) case and a bag. Very slight damage to the horn, but the case is wasted.

Thanks,
Steve

Follow Ups: