Re: Re: Re: Flogging a dead horse...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by notorious? on February 02, 2003 at 17:40:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Flogging a dead horse... posted by SHS Tubamaster on February 02, 2003 at 14:40:41:

Sounds like this other student acquaintance really had a lot to say, I still think you should call them up and ask for THEM to substantiate such a-typical opinions.

Repairpersons I know who work on a lot of tubas have pointed out to me workmanship problems with many current tuba makers, but in all honesty Miraphone has never been one of them! VMI, Perantucci (s/b "notorious" because PT horns cost so much!), UMI (Conn, King) have all been mentioned by more than a couple of master repairpersons.
Now before this takes off on a defensive tangent, I OWN a PT4P, and do not own a Mirafone, so I am not just enthusiastically slamming one brand I happen to dislike or building up a brand I personally favor ... but when I hear the same things from repair persons on the east coast, on the west coast, in the south, the pacific northwest, and the midwest, thats substantial enough to relate this impression to y'all here.

f.w.i.w.

Dale Phelps
Los Gatos California USA

Follow Ups: