Re: Re: Re: I envy all of you

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JoeS on February 05, 2003 at 23:31:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: I envy all of you posted by The Sock on February 05, 2003 at 23:07:48:

When it gets right down to it, The Sock is right.

All of the "practice, practice, practice" and "relax", "breathe", "beautiful phrases" stuff is COMPLETELY VALID, but...

none of it can be done as effectively on a unsuitable instrument with a unsuitable mouthpiece up against your face.

Now, the idea of me asking someone ELSE which instrument and which mouthpiece to use seems foreign. I never even paid much attention to my own teachers' preferences on these matters, so I couldn't imagine putting any weight whatsoever in the solicited preferences of random folks who happened to have computer keyboards underneath their hands. I think most such inquiries are placed here by young "dreamers". Since the internet is now available with all of its completely available pictures, specs, and folks-to-talk-to-about-anything-in-particular, I think these inquiries by the young are the equivalent of me (as a teenager) staring hours on end at those old black-and-white Mirafone, Meinl-Weston, and Custom Music brochures - studying every detail of every picture and reading every word over and over.

Follow Ups: