Re: Re: Re: 3/4 BBb Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on February 09, 2003 at 22:53:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: 3/4 BBb Tuba posted by Rick Denney on February 09, 2003 at 18:09:42:

Hi Rick.
You are correct about Rudys and their size and labeling. I believe it is a great all around instrument, and of course, I'm quite biased. Personally, I would not consider a smaller CC tuba for all-purpose work. The Rudy 3/4 is that instrument for me and would still recommend it. A 184 could do all-around work, too. If its a matter of ergonomics, as opposed to sound, then the Rudy, as you assert, may be entirely too large. The 621 might be worth consideration. For solo and quintet applications, a smaller CC would work, however, if I needed to go smaller because my playing was primarily solo or quintet, I would get an F tuba instead of a small CC. That may not be an option our original poster is able to consider. Now that you've posted, I'll have to go back to review his post, as I may not have properly answered his question.
BTW,
Glad to hear all the good things about the Holton. Finding one that plays as you describe is infrequent, at best, for most players. They are out there, to be sure, and they are quite special. That would be one of the only BBbs I would consider purchasing instead of a CC. Congratulations. Any pics available?
Doc

Follow Ups: