Re: How can I determine what model I have?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank on February 11, 2003 at 09:00:17:

In Reply to: How can I determine what model I have? posted by R O Callahan on February 10, 2003 at 19:47:02:

You are not alone. There are a lot of us older folks getting back into playing. So, have fun! I was off playing since 1967 and just started back playing last summer. The first month or two were a "bit challenging", and at this point I am finding out how much I have forgotten. I did find a rebuilt model of the tuba I played in college, which makes it more fun, as I really liked that one.

But the local community band did not have a regular tuba player, so they are happy with what I am able to do, and I am having a ball. They also have a dixieland band, dance band, and Christmas Carol band which are made up of the same players plus more who just play in one of the smaller units. For instance, the banjo players only play in the dixie, but some folks play in all the various sub units. Last year the various units played at 50+ events.

I am planning to retire this summer and obviously one of my interests will be playing, and maybe having time to practice and get a bit better.

So, enjoy yourself - thats what it is all about.

Follow Ups: