Re: Re: Re: The Ultimate Tuba gig.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on February 21, 2003 at 08:00:49:

In Reply to: Re: Re: The Ultimate Tuba gig. posted by Tom B. on February 20, 2003 at 14:52:30:

I think he thought that the guy meant ultimate gag.

Seriously though, as romantic as the idea may be to have a job as a musician, a sports icon, or whatever - when it comes down to it and you go home at the end of the day, it is a job.

Sometimes these jobs are GREAT, other times they suck, just like any other job. Unlike the commercials, it's not an adventure, it's a job.

Also, keep in mind that perspective is different in the other man's shoes. Dealing with conductors (in the military - that would also be officers), primadonna musicains, sometimes inadequate pay, bad/cold/hot weather (marching gigs), last minute - no - last second schedule changes, low budgets and other things as well make the job stressful, just like any other job. People should be able to blow off a little steam... it allows people to let out frustrations and keep their attitides positive. Some people go too far, but I don't believe that Sean does - at least not publically!

I saw Ken Griffey Junior in a Seattle restaurant (back when he was on top of his game) and I could see him hoping that no-one would regognoze him. I didn't go ask for his autograph becuase I pitied him to a certain degree. He wasn't loving life - he was fearing mobs.

Who has the best job? It's got to be Hugh Hefner.

Follow Ups: