New Thoughts on BBb/Is it a legit horn?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on February 26, 2003 at 15:50:20:

In response to some of the earlier replies, is their a "new" attitude regarding potential "professional" use of the BBb tuba. Especially in regards to the fact that the BBb tubas that are out there are much better than the offering 10 years ago. Also, what percentage of these tuba majors actually become professionals? I myself play CC. I can also play BBb. I have played great examples of both. I really don't care what the key is as they both function the same.

Have the college professors out there changed their thought process in regards to the selection of the contrabass tuba for their students to play? With horns like the new Willson and Meinl Weston out there, a high quality orchestral BBb exists. Along with the new Mirafone piston valve horn, Mirafone's standard offerings, the Meinl Weston 25 and 18, the new King and all of the other horns that have been improved or are brand new in fairly recent history.

Just curious to see if their has been a market driven shift in though on the academic level.

Thanks for any responses.

Matt G

Follow Ups: