Re: Re: Re: A little nervous can anyone give advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on February 28, 2003 at 10:27:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: A little nervous can anyone give advice posted by In a masterclass... on February 28, 2003 at 10:17:32:

The last master class I attended did not use individual victims, but rather had about 15 of us with instruments and 50 or so looking on. Yes, I had to play some, and, yes, I was nervous. The teacher was Daellenbach. I have also attended a number of master classes where there was a single designated victim and a large audience, including one by Sheridan.

Yes, even the designated victim expects to derive some benefit, but I still say that a master class is not a private lesson, and is all about multiplication rather than addition. The teacher will attempt to say things that can be generalized to the audience, and avoid things that may be too specific for the victim at hand. A private lesson would be different. Thus, it takes a spirit of giving on the part of the victim, and a willingness to go ahead and expose their weaknesses, which was my point.

Roger Bobo said as much in his presentation at the Army conference, to the young lady who was his first demonstration.

Rick "who didn't realize 'master class' had a formal definition" Denney

Follow Ups: