Re: Just bought a mixer..could use some tips

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by runswithscissors on February 28, 2003 at 11:46:40:

In Reply to: Just bought a mixer..could use some tips posted by Jeff B. on February 28, 2003 at 10:17:41:

I don't think you will lose any sound quality that I can tell. One good way to check it is to just plug in a good set of ear phones into the minidisk player...that way you runs some tests and see how close/far you would like to place your mikes from your horn and distance apart if you are using an X+Y stereo micing style. run the levels pretty low on your minidisk and then adjust them on the mixer. As Rick explained the "cardioid" is a micing pick-up patter...shapped like a heart (hence cardioid from the greek cardia/kapdia=heart)with the tip of the heart facing down the mic cable. The best placement for the mics that I would think of would be to have them set at angles from the horn because a straight shot at the horn wouldn't pick-up as well. I don't think you are saying that your mics have XLR connectors but the the mixer accepts XLR? This shouldn't be be a problem.

Tony "has a BA in electronic Comm but is willing to be told that there are better ways" runswithscissors

Follow Ups: